GPS Telecoms Limited recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment, GPS are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. GPS will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
GPS endeavour to:
- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- GPS will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- GPS will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- GPS will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- GPS will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
- GPS will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
- GPS will evaluate if the need can be met in another way.
- GPS will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- GPS will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products GPS intend to purchase.
- GPS will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- GPS will reuse and recycle everything GPS that we are able to.
- GPS will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- GPS will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- GPS will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- GPS will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
Maintenance and cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- GPS will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement
- GPS will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- GPS will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- GPS will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- GPS will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- GPS will increase employee awareness through training.
- GPS will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.
- GPS will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- GPS will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- GPS will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- GPS will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- GPS will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.